Come Along

Chase the footsteps of Emilee and Dagney as they trample the Pacific Crest Trail

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Halfway!!

Taking a break on Dicks Pass, the last of the Passes. I still get so excited about being back on a dirt trail that's easy to follow.


Enjoying the down time on Donner Lake. We swam and took the kayaks out, a nice change from hiking.


The tunnel under Interstate 80. There was a moment when I thought "I could just hitch to the right and it would take me home" but it was only a moment, why would I do that!


We stayed at this backcountry cabin near Truckee for the night. It was so refreshing to be out of the mosquitoes for an evening. Ever since getting out of the Sierras the Mosquitos have been horrible, especially at dinner time.


Truckin along. The trail is starting to feel like home now. It feels like walking is what I'm supposed to be doing. My legs move unconsciously with my breath. My pack feels like a part of me, it's my turtle shell. And my poles are an extention of my arms.


Lookout Rock. Canada are you out there?


I love these pinecones that litter the Forrest floor, they are as big as Codys head.





I can't believe we've made it this far... Yet we have just as far to go. It's also hard to believe that the second half will only take us a couple months when the first half took us three. And we are STILL in California.


- Love Em

3 comments:

  1. congrats on half way! i would have wanted to hitchhike home too, and probably would have. you look great.. take care of yourself and wear your sunscreen missy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you've been brushing your teeth and combing your hair with that pinecone, i mean pineCOMB, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for half way! We're so proud of you both and hope the second half is as fabulous as the first. Lots of love,
    gwenie and kurt

    ReplyDelete